Every fashionista needs an Organized chic closet!
Here are some helpful tips, & creative ideas with Pics to get you get organized:
* If you haven't worn it in a year, donate it! ----Unless it's a classic timeless piece (wool coat, Burberry scarf, leather gloves, white button down blouse, CHANEL tweed jacket)
* Rotate the clothes you wear! Pack away your seasonal clothes (i.e.:pack away fall/winter wardrobe when you bring out the spring/summer wardrobe)
you can pack them in underbed boxes &/or totes (love the clear one's so you can see what's inside)! I label the totes: sweaters, tops, jackets, etc...
* Organizing Golden Rule: A place for everything; and everything in it's place!
* Decide on how many pieces you'll need for the upcoming season! mix & match with staple pieces, a fave blazer, favorite jeans, your studded peep toe platform pumps, etc....
Next-----find a place for them! I put jeans, tees, lingerie, & exercise wear in drawers! Scarves, gloves, hats, and other items you may not need as often in an underbed box! Hang blouses, blazers, skirts.
* Purchase the items you need. examples are: shoe boxes, hanging sweater/shoes organizers, underbed boxes, drawer organizers, jewelry organizers, hangers!
(Shown below is the IKEA SKUBB series closet organizers! The 5 compartment garment hanging organizer $7.99, the 6 set of storage boxes $7.99 for drawer organizing (socks, panties, tights, etc...), & the garment bags $9.99 for the set of 3!)
**Great TIP: assign a number of hangers that comfortably fit in your closet. The new slim flocked hangers save a lot of space and keep even silky thin straps secure; & in place!
* Hang similar types of clothing together (skirts, pants, blouses, blazers), & sort by color!
* Decide how many of each type of item you want/need for the upcoming season; say you need 10 skirts for your spring/summer wardrobe, and you've kept 8, you can buy 2, but if you already have 10 skirts you love, when your out shopping with your girlfriends & you find another one you "have to have", think to yourself: which one will I replace it with? If you don't want to donate one you have at home; then don't buy the new one you found! --------You won't feel the guilt with buying more than you have room for, it will help you stay on budget too!
* A great inexpensive way to organize your jewelry is with a kitchen utensil tray! In the picture a wood one is shown, and you can buy decorative knobs/drawer pulls to hang bracelets and necklaces! Get as creative as you want; try papercrafting the background by finding scrapbook paper, cutting to the appropriate size (an exacto-knife works best), and brushing decoupage on the front and back (allow to dry overnight)! A mesh metal utensil tray or desk letter tray is great to hang earrings on, when stood upright! you can hang earrings on it too!