Since the #1 New Years Resolution is loosing weight, it's time to give yourself some encouragement, by revamping your workout wardrobe. Whether your goal is to shed a few pounds, get in better shape, or try a new exercise; a new tank, yoga shorts or pants, and/or running shoes will make you a feel a little bit more fabulous! Let's face it; when you look good you feel good!
if your goal is to loose a few pounds:
1) Reduce calories: The BEST way to reduce calories is to start by reducing your sugar intake! You will not only loose weight but feel so much better. I was feeling tired all of the time because my stress level was so high that I craved and ate tons of sugar. When you eat a lot of sugar your body crashes and then you crave more to get you going again; a viscous cycle! I cut out sugar completely for 2 weeks, only veggies and lean meat, and thought the first week was the hardest, after that I was waking up early, feeling energized...a feeling I hadn't had since I was a teen! After 2 weeks, then you add in some simple sugar such as fruit, berries are the best!( I love blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries with a little whip cream)!
my fave snack is a THINK THIN bar; ZERO SUGAR, tons of fiber, and great taste. They are so dense I usually only eat half ,then eat the other half later--Seriously! The brownie crunch flavor is one of my faves (I'm a chocolate lover, and cannot give up a little taste everyday, so these bars are perfect and VERY filling)!
Tip: don't drink your calories, this is probably one of the ways we take in too many calories in a day! Guilty--I love soda.... Opt for water; try it with a little squeeze of key lime juice, add a packet of sugar free Kool-aid, or a splash of Mio!
2) Start with a new workout outfit, something that will make you feel good! It will give you a little extra pep, to get up and exercise! Your active wear is a part of your wardrobe and you should feel confident in it, so say if you meet someone or run into an old friend, you'll feel good, not embarrassed by what you were wearing!
Reward yourself to a new piece, say a tank, or capri's (to help show of your new physique), for every "X" pounds you lose; or monthly if you have been sticking to your plan.
Here's some of our fave active wear & gear to get you going!!! Click on any item to see more details!
3) Use a dry erase board or a visualization tool; a daily checklist, written goals, or hang up on a door-- a bikini, dress, or jeans you'd love to slim down to fit into perfectly; to encourage you daily! I love to take a picture of a bikini from a magazine & tape it on the fridge...it'll help keep you FOCUSED!
4) Learn to say" No" in the store when shopping for groceries. If it's hard to say no to those fave cookies or other indulgence in the store, imagine how hard it is t try and stay away from it at home. If you buy it, you'll have a harder time avoiding it!
5) Peppermint is powerful, not only for fresh breath! If you feel like snacking when you just ate 20 minutes ago, try a mint, or peppermint gum, or even brushing your teeth! The mint flavor usually subsides your hunger for a little while!